234 AMP 600V 120CCT
The PCEC series presents unique advantages not found in other electromechanical or other solid state starters
The PCE Hydraulic Elevator Softstarter and PCEC Panel Solution by Sprecher+Schuh are designed to simplify installation, set-up, and typical operation of motors that drive hydraulic elevators and escalators. This solid state starter solution is designed to operate 3 phase standard squirrel cage induction motors and can be connected to a 6 or 12 lead Wye-Delta (Star-Delta) or standard 3 or 9 lead motors. Through the use of LINE or INSIDE-THE-DELTA control, the solid state solution can provide ultimate control of the motor. The advantages of a solid state solution include the following:
Provides smooth motor starting
- Decreases current surges on weak electrical systems
- Reduced starting torque of the motor helps to reduce mechanical stress on system components
- Helps meet both local and regional electrical codes when reduced voltage starting is a requirement
- Eliminates voltage and current spikes associated with traditional Wye-Delta (Star-Delta) starters
- Maximizes motor life due to reduced electrical strain
- Lowers general system maintenance requirements for improved uptime The PCEC panel solution provides a standard PCE controller and a factory coordinated fault contactor on a common mounting plate for ease of installation.
The PCE controller utilizes software optimized for the elevator industry along with a built-in selectable Class 10, 15 and 20 overload relay and SCR bypass to control all three phases. The pre-wired control harness (3 ft / ~1m flying leads) is supplied to simplify wiring into current installations while the mounting plate holes are the same as many standard Wye-Delta electro-mechanical starter panels. To insure start up performance both the PCE controller and PCEC panel assembly are factory tested before shipping. The result is a quick and easy starter solution for the elevator and escalator industries. Crossover from Rockwell Allen Bradley 150-E234NCE-FC.